The prayer room is a place where we gather for corporate worship & prayer and personal devotion time with the Lord. Each watch is 2-hours in length, either intercession or worship with the Word (this is more devotional in style). People go in and out of the prayer room, so it is not disruptive to come for 20 minutes or stay for 4 hours! Bring your laptop, Bible, journal or just come to sit before the Lord. There are tables in the prayer room, so if you are working on a school or work project, you can work in the context of worship & prayer.
Feel free to sit, stand, pace, draw, read, write, work, sing, pray, kneel, cry (kleenx is always available). The goal is to encounter the Lord while you are here. We ask that you are not loud where it causes a disruption to the flow of the Holy Spirit.
We do ask that any conversations be taken into the hallway or to the community side. We are focused on keeping the prayer room a sacred space for all who are here.
Here are some ways to engage in the prayer room: 1) Praying for the nations~ There is a map on the wall of the prayer room so as you pray for a certain nation, you can see & touch it. There are prayer cards that describe unreached people groups and prayer points to pray for that nation and people.
2) Praying for the ending of abortion~ There is a red life line in the back of the prayer room. You can stand on the life line and agree with us in prayer for the ending of abortion. On the wall is the Bound for Life 21-word prayer, "Jesus, I plead your blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion, send revival to America."
3) Praying for the ending of sex trafficking~ This is symbolized in the prayer room by birds coming out of a bird cage. These birds represent the 2000 victims of sex trafficking in just the state of Nebraska. With outstretched wings, they are a cry for justice and for freedom. “You may choose to look away, but you can never say again that you did not know," William Wilberforce
4) Resources ~ For your own personal prayer time, there are resources that provide prayer points, and helps for studying God's Word. There is a devotional room off the prayer room, so you can still be part of the prayer room, but it provides a more meditative environment (commentaries and other resource books are in this space).
5) Praying during an intercession set~ If you want to be a prayer leader during an intercession set, talk to one of the staff in the prayer room so he/she can go over a few guidelines and give a few suggestions for this corporate prayer time. During the intercession sets, there will be a time of "rapid fire prayer" where anyone is invited to come to the mic and pray for the topic/theme of the intercession set. These rapid fire prayers are 15-30 second prayers.
6) Praying, singing or playing on a team~ If you are interested in being on a team for a specific watch weekly, please connect with one of the staff in the prayer room. For singing or playing, you will want to talk with Drew Petty. For praying, you will want to talk with Nicole Liewer. Currently the teams we are building are for the watches on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 6-8pm weekly.