Welcome to the Omaha, NE House of Prayer - Prayer Room
What is the prayer room? The prayer room is a place, set apart in our city, where we gather for corporate worship & prayer and personal devotion time with the Lord. The primary purposes of the prayer room is to exalt Jesus through prayer and worship, and for people to be encountered by the one true living God.
What happens in the prayer room? Each day there are different types of "sets". A set is a 2 hour time period that is designated as an Intercession Set or a Worship with the Word set. Whenever the prayer room is open, there is worship always going! Sometimes the worship is live with a worship team or it is streamed from the prayer room at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City.
Some things you will see people doing in the prayer room are reading/studying/meditating on the Word of God, praying (in their seats silently/at the microphone/at the map/at the Life tape/"2,000 Birds"), journaling, worshipping, reading books, doing work/homework, creating art in the side prayer room, etc. You are free to sit, stand, pace, draw, read, write, work, sing, pray, kneel, dance. The goal is to encounter the Lord while you are here.
What is a Worship with the Word (WWW) set? A worship with the word set is kind of like a singing bible study! It is primarily worship based with more of a devotional feel to it. The worship team chooses a passage of scripture ahead of time and they study that passage. Then during the set they sing the scripture and the understanding they have gained through studying the Word.
The Worship with the Word (WWW) set is 2 hours in length and is separated into 4 sections. Each section is approximately 30 minutes long. The worship team will start the set with corporate worship. Then after about 30 minutes the team will switch into singing the scripture. After about another 30 minutes the team will go back into corporate worship, ending the set with more singing of the scripture. At this time, our Worship with the Word sets are all streamed from the International House of Prayer in KC.
During this time in the prayer room you can follow along with the passage of scripture they are singing from or you can study, meditate, read through, sing (quietly) another passage of scripture. This is a great time for personal bible study, meditating on the Word, singing scripture, personal prayer time. Please remember the prayer room is a sacred space and we must honor others in the room by keeping our volume while praying and singing low.
Worship with the Word (WWW) set times at ONEHOP Monday - Thursday , 2:00-4:00pm & 4:00-6:00pm Fridays - Noon-4:00pm
What is an Intercession set? Same as the Worship with the Word sets, Intercession sets are 2 hours in length and as separated into 4 sections (Worship, Prayer, Worship, Prayer). Prayer time during an intercession set will probably look different than what you have experienced before. Each prayer time can have up to 3 or 4 "prayer leaders" who pray for 3-5 minutes for the evening's prayer focus. During our Intercession sets we combine worship and prayer because that is what we see scripturally is done in heaven (Revelation 5:8).
Prayer leaders are asked to sit or place your bible/notebook in a "prayer leader" chair on the front row to indicate they want to pray. When it is the prayer leaders turn to pray, we ask that all persons pray from scripture. Apostolic Prayers (prayers found in the bible) or the Psalms are great places to pray from. The prayer leader will pray for the prayer focus of the set for about 2-3 minutes and then stop. At that time the singers on the stage will sing what you just prayed! After a few minutes the singers will sing a chorus (a phrase that they all sing multiple times (8-10 times). After they finish the chorus you can pray again if you want - same process as before.
After the prayer leaders are done praying (around 30 minutes of intercession) we will go back into a time of corporate worship for about 30 minutes. Then we will finish the set with another time of intercession, using the same prayer process as before.
At ONEHOP we pray positive prayers! We believe in praying from Heaven's perspective, releasing God's light.
*If the set does not have a worship team then the time will be streamed from the International House of Prayer in KC. The set will look very similar to if it was live. The difference is that prayer time will be indicated by a staff member opening the microphone for intercession and there will not be singers to sing your prayer. You will simply pray up to 5 minutes and then the next person will go.
Intercession Sets at ONEHOP are 6:00-8:00pm Mondays-Thursdays Mondays - Malachi 4:6 Set~ Praying for children in Omaha and around the world Tuesdays - City Set: Praying for the city of Omaha & things pertaining to the state of Nebraska Wednesdays - Israel, the Middle East & Missions set: Praying for Israel, the countries in the middle east & missionaries to the unreached people groups Thursdays - Sanctity of Life set: Praying for the ending of Abortion/Ending of sex trafficking & a generation of holiness
Helpful tips - some ways to engage in the prayer room:
1) Praying for the Nations~ There is a map on the wall of the prayer room so as you pray for a certain nation, you can see & touch it. There are prayer cards that describe unreached people groups and prayer points to pray for that nation and people.
2) Praying for the ending of abortion~ There is a red life line in the back of the prayer room. You can stand on the life line and agree with us in prayer for the ending of abortion. On the wall is the Bound for Life 21-word prayer, "Jesus, I plead your blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion, send revival to America."
3) Praying for the ending of sex trafficking~ This is symbolized in the prayer room by birds coming out of a bird cage. These birds represent the 2,000 victims of sex trafficking in just the state of Nebraska. With outstretched wings, they are a cry for justice and for freedom. “You may choose to look away, but you can never say again that you did not know," William Wilberforce
4) Resources ~ For your own personal prayer time, there are resources in the back of the room that provide prayer points, and helps for studying God's Word. There is a devotional room off the prayer room, so you can still be part of the prayer room, but it provides a more meditative environment (commentaries and other resource books are in this space).
5) Praying during an intercession set~ If you want to be a prayer leader during an intercession set, talk to one of the staff in the prayer room so he/she can go over a few guidelines and give a few suggestions for this corporate prayer time. During the intercession sets, there will be a time of "rapid fire prayer" where anyone is invited to come to the mic and pray for the topic/theme of the intercession set. These rapid fire prayers are 15-30 second prayers.
6) Praying, singing or playing on a team~ If you are interested in being on a team for a specific watch weekly, please connect with one of the staff in the prayer room. For singing or playing, you will want to talk with Drew Petty. For praying, you will want to talk with Nicole Liewer. Currently the teams we are building are for the watches on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6-8pm weekly. We are looking for Singers, Guitar players (Acoustic and Electric), Bass players, and Drummers!
While you are in the prayer room, we ask that you are not loud where it causes a disruption to the flow of the Holy Spirit. We do ask that any conversations be taken into the hallway or to the community side. We are focused on keeping the prayer room a sacred space for all who are here.